Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ow my arms

Ok so I just came home from volleyball on the beach and immediately jumped in the shower so I could extract (or let the water extract) all the particles of sand from regions it should not have gone :oS and I noticed that my arms are weird colors now. They were the brightest red ever while playing volleyball, looked like I had gotten such a sunburn (and I kinda wished, since it was painful enough to have been a sunburn, that a tan would eventually form from it, but alas no tan) but instead of a lovely shade of tanned brown I now have grossness... blotches of purple intermingled with red dots of broken blood vessels : it's a lovely sight that I noticed while having my nice warm shower ... (gosh do warm pjs and slippers feel good right now)... I immediately, thinking I had some kind of blood disorder, went to ask my mom if I should be seeking medical attention or at least a good coverup? but she said it was just because my arms weren't used to it, which I completely agree with. It's not often that I pummel my arms with round objects until the pain is too much to bear and I could go head to head with a lobster for the brightest color red contest. But the blotchy purpleness and red spots (not to mention the lovely bruises on my thumb??) are just nasty... so I suppose after a couple of weeks of some good volleyball beatings to my arms... they will just toughen up... maybe I'll even get a tan and my skin won't look so pasty white... although I'm hoping it'll be a secret weapon of defence whilst playing volleyball... as our opponents will be blinded by the immense sunlight reflecting off my albino like skin :) one can hope for a good purpose to lack of tanned skin :sigh:
Either way I am in for some pain tomorrow, as my right arm has already started seizing up and I had fun trying to sign my name to my credit card slip at dinner... it was a tough job just keeping the pen on the paper.
In case you are curious... I am in no way complaining about any of it... I had an awesome time... and I think I was better than I thought I would have been after 6 years of inactivity (as my bruised and battered arms would account for) although apparently my flicking type of setting is not up to standard :op and to think I spent so many high school years perfecting it :sigh: ahhh well we can always improve on ourselves?
So I suppose that's it for tonight... I should be heading to bed soon anyways. I was going to clean my bathroom but have decided I am too sore and tired and will do it tomorrow and in case you are wondering it's not that dirty... I'm just ridiculously excited about cleaning it with my new products. I'm not an anal clean freak but organization and cleanliness are important to me :) hehe
Hope everyone has a great Friday! Cheerios DAAAAAAHHLINKS!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I feel for you, those arms sound painful and I bet you're going to have fun at work today... As for the coffee and weeds, you're welcome to come any time, it's about 2 1/2 hours from the border to my place. Misty has much further to travel living in Michigan and all. And I would never call anyone at 4 am, what makes you think I'd actually be up at that time? Not this girl! Hope you're having a great day at work, and TGIF!

7:52 AM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

Yeah today is a bit hard on my poor arms (one is still quite blotchy but not as sore as the other not-as-blotchy one... go figure!?) but I shall live.... someone has messed up my desk though :shakesfist: stupid cleaning people... grrr. :| Well I will come for coffee as soon as I can then... and weeds... coffee and weeds (WEEDS not WEED for those who are reading this... WHAT R U THINKING!?) hehehe...

8:01 AM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

I KNOW YOU TEXTED ME ABOUT IT! I think I still have that text.... let me see.. muhahaha I DO TOO! here is it Bex. (I think my light is going to burn out above me... it keeps making clicking noises... very spooky)

here's ur text: "You would be so proud. John & I plotted revenge on cleaners 4 losing the rods in the hole-punchers by emptying everyone's punched holes on our office carpet Moo-Ha!"

bahaha that still makes me laugh!

7:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home