Tuesday, July 12, 2005

*Frustrated*

Wow! I posted and a whole day has gone by without a comment :gasp: how could that be?
But that's not why this blog is titled *Frustrated*... there's a much better reason. I have never known my family to be too stupid or gullible, but currently I am starting to think we were too preoccupied with moving to properly demonstrate our effectiveness as geniuses hehe (jk... did I even spell that right?!) We trusted that since we had so far had no great problems or arguments with the landlord at our old place (New West)... that we would have no problems once we moved out. Apparently we were wrong. Not only had the old house been an absolute pain to live in (as anyone knowing me at the time could attest to) but we did a lot of work and complained very little... even when it came to having silverfish (disgusting little bugs) all over our house... in clothes, in beds, in drawers, on counters, in every box... even in my cedar chest... BLECH! but every spring our basement would flood : we had a small hot water tank to go between the three separate sections (and families, if you call the other sections that) and our section was furthest away, meaning I have become very used to cold showers! :shudder: Anyways, besides all this we lived there 4 years and did improvements to the place (when we first moved in the whole bottom section was open to the laundry room... this meant that the people from the suite next store could walk through the laundry room right into our house, especially my room, at any time they so chose. At the time we moved in, there was a nice lady next door and it wasn't a problem.) we built a wall to separate our house from the laundry room, WITH THE LANDLORDS PERMISSION, but he insisted we build a storage locker in the laundry room for the other suite as enclosing our area would mean they could not access the other storage locker (yep that's right, their storage locker was in our house! how'd ya like them apples?) so not only did my dad pay for all the lumber and supplies to build a wall AND THE STORAGE LOCKER, he had to do exactly to the landlords specifications... the landlord even drew out a sketch. Not complaints. My dad fixed the stove when the landlord refused to, sent the bill to the landlord and received no reimbursements from the landlord... no complaints. And now, after spending HOURS upon HOURS cleaning the house before we left so no trace of our existence was really left in that house... my dad FINALLY gets ahold of our old landlord last night after leaving MANY messages (our officially date to move out was the 30th of June...) and the landlord proceeds to yell at my dad about holes in the wall, the were there because the CABLE GUY put them in so we could have cable in the house *ugh!* and then tells dad that he did not authorize or KNOW ABOUT the storage unit and wall/door we had put up 3.5 years ago... I say pardon? Yep... those were his reasons for not giving back our damage deposit. Stupidness. So dad said that was fine, we'd take them to court over it as he really didn't have any grounds to stand on for those charges. My dad even offered to come take the storage area down, as he paid for the wood anyways, and the landlord said he could not and was not allowed in the house (wonder if he will do something stupid to the house and blame it on us). My dad might try tonight to talk to the people in the suite next to us (and warn them) and see if they will let us in the laundry room so he can take pictures of the storage unit : The thing that gets me is that he increased the value of our part of the house by making it enclosed and private so that people with access to the laundry room (which after the nice lady next door moved out, became really weird crack victim people and any and all of their friends who had laundry as the machine was constantly running and we had to fight for hot water and the laundry machines every day!). Can you imagine those people (who had huge raging yelling matches under our windows... I am sure I even heard him hit the lady who was not supposed to be living there anyways... and scream really horrid words to the whole neighborhood :shudder: they were scary people... and the thought of them having access to my room any time they wanted :shudders again: eeeeewwww... I wouldn't have stayed :
So that is my rant about landlords... the worst part is we did not take any pictures when we left :sigh: heaven forbid we actually have a nice landlord who noticed how much work we put into the place and thought what nice tenants he had :( but it seems they are greedy evil people... the house was a much better place after we left... can't they be thankful at how much easier it might be to rent it now? agh. Whatever... Que Sera Sera.

Anyways, onto other things... tomorrow is the first night of summer volleyball league and I am uber excited! I am going with Rob tonight to buy shorts... YEP THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS! U HEARD IT HERE FIRST! SHORTS! I WILL BE WEARING S-H-O-R-T-S!!! my legs will show?!?!? maybe they will get a tan!? bahaha *Falls off chair laughing* yeah... right. My only tan comes in a can LOL and then I look like an oompa loompa with a skin condition :sigh: but no worries... I will be wearing sun screen (before I get evil comments on being out in the sun trying to tan) I, myself, am not one who wishes to have skin cancer... and I burn so easily (although my legs don't... go figure?) that sunscreen is a must I'm afraid. But anyways, wish me luck with that :)

I suppose that's really all I have to write about now... yeah I guess my life is that boring? This weekend I am going camping with Rob and my Aunt and Uncle in Bridal Falls (camperland) and I'm pretty excited. We are gonna plop down a tent in their campsite (they don't pay anything because they are lifetime members) and we can use the pool/hot tub/ pool tables... water slides... mini-golf... wow! the possibilities are endless... I'm hoping perhaps to see about going garage saling or such with my aunt on Saturday morning... I've never been garage saling out that far before hehe... I wonder what useless junk I can find for my house... yeah I packrat a little but it's fun for me!!! :)

Hope ya'll have a wonderful tuesday... wish me luck in finding a pair of shorts I may actually want to wear :gasp: ohh the horror of blinding people with my bare white skin :

Cheers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My goodness girl you can babble! LOL Sorry I've been rather quiet but I've had a fever since Sunday and haven't been on the computer much. I just came on to check my email and read what you and Misty have to say, then it's back to bed for this girl. So although your weekend may not have been as perfect as you wanted, at least you weren't laying in bed shivering!

I know what you mean about phones too! When I worked for Rev. Can. I was on the phones a lot, and I absolutely hate answering the phone and/or talking on it. I'd much rather see someone face to face.

Anyhow, talk to you soon, love ya.

10:00 AM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

awww Mavis I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well :hugz: I will come visit you soon and cheer you up hehe :) coffee and weeds remember ;)

So my weekend wasn't so bad then... I agree. Hope you feel better soon... thanks for reading my LONG babble then.. I'll try to keep them shorter in future. (yours aren't always so short either u know :p)

11:54 AM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

awww Bekki, I'm so sorry. When do you want ur Canadian family to come visit and cheer you up?
Did you try using a blow dryer to dry your laundry? hehehe do u have a portable heater for Cleo to sit in front of? They are really handy little things, I love mine :heart:

I am so sorry about your mum... I know my mom worries so much about her, and really wants to come see her... I know she misses her siamese twin a lot :*(

Give nath a hug for me (especially if he's naked, cuz that might warm him up eh? LOL)

I will write you a proper e-mail in a bit... love you loads chickie.

8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home