Monday, July 18, 2005

The sun... brightens my day... burns my skin! :o|

Well I think my title pretty much explains it hehe. This weekend I went camping out at Bridal Falls Camperland with my aunt, uncle and Rob. There was so much traffic heading out to Merrit on Friday night, it took us awhile to get out to the campsite... and it was raining (evil). But it turned out so nice by Sunday. Friday night was pretty much a loss when we got there... no fire in the rain. We set up the tent outside, and I'm very impressed with how dry we stayed in the tent (it was sandwhiched between tarps but all the same..) Saturday the rain had pretty much ceased and we went out garage saling in Chilliwack... I bought a blow gun with little plastic darts (I think Rob may have absconded with it now hehe) and we bought some yummy ice cream and flavored coffee creamers :drool: the creamers are from heaven let me tell you... Every time my aunt and uncle go to stay in Camperland, I might just go visit and stop in at that place and buy more coffee creamers... I may become addicted. :twitch:
Anyways, Sunday the sun finally came out full force and we went out to pick up some of the larger garage sale items my aunt and uncle had bought (a bar for instance!) and I put on my shorts :gasp: I KNOW! SHORTS! and my aunt commented that I had really white legs and I needed to go out and tan them. She even suggested I not put sunscreen on my legs so that they would tan (HAS SHE MET ME?) so needless to say... I sparsely covered my legs with spray on stuff (I'm not dense enough to go out with nothing bahaha) So yeah... anyways... I'm burnt : I forgot the back of my knees... so they are crispifried... that might be fun if they peel (ew ew ew) now imagine every position u move into... what the back of your knees touch... yep... I could tell you right now what they touch at any point in the day :owchie: I burnt my back nicely (not as bad as last time I believe) despite having 30 sunblock on : and my legs have various burns in multiple places... intermixed with the lovely white patches of non-tanned non-burnt skin... should be a fun looking tan... UGH! It was an awesome weekend anyways... and very relaxing. I forgot how much I liked my camp fires... and marshmallows :drool: I can't wait to go back... or go camping early next month as planned. :) was so fun!
Hope everyone had a great weekend and got to see the sun a bit too (perhaps not in the same way as I... OW!)

Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I feel your pain...ouch. I am very fair skinned myself and spent a lot of time in my *ahem* younger years dealing with sunburned flesh. I have finally learned the way to keep from getting a sunburn. STAY OUT OF THE FREAKING SUN! Which I try to do as much as possible. (Unless something fun is involved, like swimming, then I just try not to stay in the sun too long...) I'm glad you had a fun weekend. Who ever heard of garage saling on a campout?

5:06 PM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

I ALREADY READ THAT FROM ROB'S BOOK! now it's just repeating... and how dare you not write something of ur own u plagerizer!!! that's ILLEGAL U KNOW! AGH!

we went garage saling because it's fun and it was close to the campsite... leave me alone :p

I will have to stay out of the sun... it's evil and it hates me :sob: stupid sunshine... DIE!

6:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home