Just to vent
Wow two posts in one day... I know... I just had to vent cuz I got all riled up by a patient on the telephone. So I told you in my last post that the phone had been going bananas this morning, well I of course have missed a couple calls this morning because I have been on the phone with other clients... speaking of the evil phone... ugh. 2 lines at once... and then 2 lines again... weee STOP PHONING ME! agh. So anyways... I have had the two lines light up at once 6 times today, I obviously can only get the one line... the other goes to voicemail. So I answer the phone and this old man with sarcasm dripping from every pore... goes OH you are answering your phone now. I was like... uhh yeah. He starts on about how we must be on vacation over here cuz we don't answer our phone. I apologized (I dunno why) and said I had been on the other line with another patient... THERE GOES THE PHONE AGAIN!
he then said that I must be awfully long winded as he had called at 9:40 (this was 10:30) and got the voicemail... and I fought every urge to tell him off and say he should have left a message then, but I didn't. He then baraded on and on about my not answering his call... blah blah blah. Then babbled for ages about some medication and then his insurance on his motorhome and I felt like saying... THIS IS THE EXACT REASON I COULDN'T ANSWER YOUR CALL... PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN BLAB IN MY EAR ALL MORNING. But I didn't... I finally asked him how I could help him and he got defensive and said the Dr. should phone him back... agh! I wish I could just tell people to shove things where the sun don't shine because I seriously do not have time to sit here and listen to him tell me how long winded I must be... agh! Ok so thats my rant... hopefully no one else steps on a nerve today cuz they won't like the result LOL.... hope everyone else is having a good wednesday... after today only two days left til the weekend! WEEE!
ADDENDUM: Oh the torture... the same gentleman phoned back to ask if the Dr. had called him yet because he was on the phone with disability and may have missed his call... OH HOW HARD IT WAS NOT TO SAY "WOW YOU MUST BE LONG WINDED" agh... torture... damn my sarcastic and witty sense of humor and slight tendency for revenge :sigh:


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home