Friday, March 03, 2006

While the Dr.'s away

The assistant will play... ok so not really and no I'm not writing this from work... from home... at 1:37 am after karaoke. Now Cerra and I and what appears to be quite the group of people, go every week to karaoke now and love it. I've finally gotten up the nerve to sing by myself and despite being quite sick today (I feel like I'm swallowing razor blades in my throat :s and woke up feeling like I had been hit with a truck :s) I decided I'd sing a bunch of songs with Cerra and of course my usual one song alone... GO ME! So I sang My Give A Damn's Busted... which of course I didn't do too bad at even though it kinda hurt to sing... it was still fun.
Anyways, so the Dr. left at 5am this morning for his trip for two weeks so I get to make my own hours at work and do whatever I feel needs to be done. Today I spent like 2 hours on the phone with Telus trying to set up the voicemail in the office only to be told a million different instructions over the phone and finally in the end getting a tech who said there was nothing I could be doing about it because I'm from BC and I have a multi-line phone and they'd have to fix it on their end... well ok could u tell the other 6 people I've phoned into... wait more than that... lets see like 5 people the first time and at least 1-2 each additional time up to 6 phone calls. It was a super good waste of time... geez do I hate hold buttons now (although I figured out how to work the one on my phone in the office... GO ME!)
So apart from fights with the computer and the phone it wasn't overly productive at work today LOL... I'm hoping to down some nyquil and head to bed so I can get rid of this stupid sore throat before it turns into something horrible that I will have to spend tons of money on to get rid of... stupidness... Tonsils are over rated let me tell you.
anyways, so that's my cue to head to bed... hope all is well with ya'll hehehe
Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OK Sher, spill the beans, what type of medical office are you working in? Where is it located? Are there other assistants working there or are you flying solo? You're not very forthcoming with the important stuff....LOL I hope you're feeling better soon. It sucks to feel yucky. :(

4:42 PM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

I work alone at a specialists office in New West. He's gone on vacation so I am all alone and listening to country music for 5 hours a day... I don't have to be there that long right now cuz I'm making my own hours but I'm doing whatever so it works out aight.
The doctor specializes in internal issues... and I'm flying alone... always cuz he's usually busy with patients during the day anyways so if I have questions they have to wait... so I've learned to try and figure out anything and everything myself... google is my friend haha

12:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home