My weekends
Okay, so I said I'd post about my SherBrooke weekend this week, so I thought I'd combine that with my camping weekend (this past weekend) and kill two birds with one really large stone heheh :) yeah that was my hint that this might be quite the long post... grab a snack ;)
So SherBrooke started out interestingly enough hehehe Brooke and I went to drop off Scotty at the skytrain and I ended up getting us lost on the way back looking for gas so I ended up making us late to get back home... like 11 : We ended up going to bed at like just before 1am... and getting text messages until after 1am. Got up at 4am... and ate a bit of brekky and chugged some coffee and headed out... we were awake enough for the early morning :) At 8:30 am we stopped on the side of the highway... and line danced... yep! that's right... my legs hurt so we decided to stop and because fishing in the dark came on... I had the brilliant idea to line dance on the side of the highway in a brake check stop... we got people honking at us... and everything is on film (video camera to be precise). So we ended up taking a scenic tourist tourish way of getting to lumby and made it there before 11am and ended up eating a bit of lunch before heading to the Cowboy festival. Was somewhat interesting, but quite disappointing, as any cowboys we found would have been at least our father's ages if not our grandfathers :sigh: and the one cowboy who would have been our age... disappeared? we lost him bahaha :) ahh well. We went home after that (stopped briefly at the opal mine to look at the jewelry made up from the opals) and tried to nap but the heat was so ridiculous we basically made our own saunas in our clothes on our beds... so that was no good. We went bar hopping at night... first to Moe's where we lead the entire dance floor in line dancing (same as the dance on the road ;) and I had some guy fall for me... literally. Walking in front of us... staring at me and tripped :) was quite humorous... we also spent a lot of time trying to decide whether one of the dancing couples was two males? hehehe... there was a nice blues bar in the basement... which was made up to look like a cave :) After Moe's we hit the MIX nightclub... very disappointing... way too loud and rave-ish for me... although we had quite the funny experience with one clubber who cut in between my cousin Dan and I facing towards Brooke and I and started dancing asking loudly "YES YES YES?" when he received nothing but odd looks from the two of us... he decided to dance off stating "NO NO NO" it was pretty funny. We didn't stay long there and ended up getting back to my aunt's about 2:30 am... we got up at like 9am and had brekky and headed into Vernon to do some shopping. We ended up getting hair dye and heading to downtown vernon... where we had our noses pierced together... quite the experience... I guess it's sorta like a blood bond (almost put blonde... still need to wake up... where's my coffee?) hehehe we are bonded for life because we've both been mutilated together :op hehehe... very classy piercings though... just small diamond stud like things... wasn't too bad... very painful for like 2 seconds... I went into a bit of shock apparently (I just remember being really dizzy and thinking I might hurl on the poor piercing girl). We went to Freedom body piercing... and I would definitely reccomend it... amazing staff and very nice facility :) Anyways... we went to Kalamaka lake in the afternoon/evening and then to Alexander's Pub on the beach for dinner... :) was great fun... quite enjoyable... although I must make note to complain that the dairy queen closes too early and McDonalds runs out of chocolate fudge and orange juice by 10pm hehehe... We dyed our hair late that night hehe... mine didn't turn the black color it was supposed to be... but that's ok. I likes it :)
Monday we got up pretty early to feed the horses (Brooke is good at that LOL) and then we got to ride for a bit.... we headed out pretty much right after our riding lessons LOL and went into Kelowna where we stopped at the JAmmery for waffles (not very good... sorry to disappoint... but the rest of the food was great) and bought LOTS of jams :) they are EXCELLENT! mmmmmmmmm We then hit up Cedar Creek wineries... very lovely facility and I did try the wine I bought my parents... which they must have enjoyed... I think it only lasted the night that they opened it to try it... cuz the empty bottle was left in the morning LOL... not to make them sound alcoholic or anything bahaha :) We then headed home (after stopping to get a picture with Ogopogo in City Park)... and that was pretty much it... so far our piercings have done quite well and I have no complaints... am very proud of us for not wussing out :)
This past weekend... I had train and play on Friday and then went directly from there to Harrison Hot Springs to go camping with a great group of people. Friday night we were pretty late getting there (came close to the gates being closed on us hehe) and then spent the night around a propane fire roasting marshmallows. I was exhausted and went to bed by 1:30 :) Saturday we went to the beach for the day... was gorgeous weather... but very hot. Ended up mini golfing at night... was a great mini golf course up there... of course I didn't win, but I did have a lot of fun :) Sunday... we packed up and Rob and I headed to my family picnic in Maple Ridge... which was a really good time too... although I think I got sunburnt : all in all was a pretty great weekend again... :)
I think that's it... that's pretty much all... so it's not too long... no one grew a beard whilst reading through it (I hope). If you would like details on anything specific... just let me know hehe... and Brooke and I will be watching our like 2 hour video of the SherBrooke trip soon if anyone is up for joining LOL... we definitely got some good stuff on there :) (no our piercings were not on it... we didn't have it then :op)
CheerS!!


4 Comments:
Well you nut, sounds like you had a lot of fun on your weekends. I'm waiting for pictures though. Did you not promise photos? I'd love to come up and watch your video but that's just not in the cards at this time...so sorry.
By the way, it's not so easy to come up with stuff to say every single day is it? I've noticed your posting has dwindled. Is that because you have nothing to say, or cuz you don't have a big enough audience any more????
Also, if you were looking for young cowboys you should have been in Merritt for the country music festival. I'm tellin' ya, when I was there, there were mucho young studlies....
8:57 AM
I have a boyfriend Mavis hehe I wasn't really looking for cowboys LOL it was just a good excuse to get away.. I have to download the pictures to the computer still... I might do that tonight :)
My posts dwindle, A) because not as many people bother to look LOL B) because I'm hardly ever home to do it and work has been pretty busy making it hard to take the 20 minutes to log onto this site to post blogs LOL and C) I don't know if I need a C? but I will think of one if you still require one muhahaha I still have loads to say all the time... have u met me? hehehe but alas... everyone already hears it all anyways.
THANKS FOR KEEPING AN EYE ON MY BLOG THOUGH MAVIS!! I :heart: U!
12:46 PM
IT'S A PHOTO CONSPIRACY... :sigh:
I couldn't get my camera to connect with my computer, so here is the link for Brooke's pictures, and mine will go up when I can get to downloading them... sorry. Wait... I'll take the 20 minutes and make it into a blog.
and YES SWANKY THAT DOES MAKE ME FEEL ALL WARM AND FUZZY! :) that made my day actually...
8:23 AM
every day is a slow day... not that I don't have work... but my brain refuses to accept it anymore... thankfully I'm outta here at the end of the month... WOOT!
9:23 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home