Friday, August 05, 2005

NEW BOOK

thought I'd make a brief post to announce the purchase of my new book "MY LIFE IS A WEDGIE" I don't know much about it, other than it's written like the diary of a woman who apparently writes/speaks a lot like Bekki. Plus on the front cover it has a Glossary of Australian Terms... pretty much the selling feature for me hehehe... I'll list them now :)

Bloke - man
bludge - mooch
bot - bottomchook - chicken
chuck - sea
chundering - vomiting
devon - processed tinned meat
esky - cooler
fleuro pen - highlighter
grub - a dirty person, worm or caterpillar, or food
hoon - to drive really fast or someone who does this
lippie - lipstick
loo - toilet
nappy - diaper
numberplate - license plate
nutters - crazy people
pong - smell
queue - a file or line of people
smidgeon - small quantity
sultana - raisin
tacky-dacky - track pants (WTF?)
Texta - felt pen or marker
tiddly - drunk
tightwad - cheap person
tongue-pash - french kiss (again WTF?)
Torch - flashlight
whingeing - whining (awww Bex u use this word tons!)

So Bekki my dear... how accurate were these? (and after chatting with you for 7 years... I recognize quite a few of these hehe but some are still foreign... do u use them? LOL)

1 Comments:

Blogger SherBear said...

WTF?

sorry Bot - bottom
chook - chicken... missed a space... did not translate well between programs on my computer :sigh:
but thank you for clarifying the term.. unfortunately us Canadians do not say lippy/lippie unless someone is sassing to us... then we tell them not to be so lippy, but really we aren't referring to their makeup techniques. and we don't do NUMBERPLATE here... its licence plate :) because u need a licence to drive hence the numbers become a licence plate I suppose... :| meh.... Aussies are just nutters :op

8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home