Thursday, September 08, 2005

Ok... day three?

So I haven't had much response to the last two posts so I thought I'd write another... just for kicks. I have a bet going on with people that since I walk around with an exacto knife shoved down my back pocket... that I will inevitably forget to close it properly and stab myself in the butt with it. Cerra said by Friday... so far I've been pretty good... :) one more day and she loses... unfortunately no one else responded so I guess that's the onlybet I have LOL... stupid text messages. Anyways, so my last couple of days haven't been too bad. Did an hour of overtime last night... firstly cuz it's extra money and cuz it was office stuff which I haven't been doing yet and secondly cuz my work gives free alcohol and I had drank a tiny bit (tiny bit being like not quite half a bottle) and wanted to wait it out... yeah... the have a fridge full of beer and coolers for after work (although some start early... the forklift driver worries me with his can of beer LOL but he seems like an awesome guy!) I haven't tried the forklift at all but after I got into the vodka cooler I scootered around the warehouse on one of their custom scooters... has a big basket on the front... it's quite sturdy and insanely fun... will have to use it more often when pulling orders... makes life interesting LOL I've never used a scooter before. So apart from the office and warehouse being insane the last couple of days as they have implemented new computer systems but have no idea how to work them :sigh: doesn't that sound familiar LOL... so hopefully things will settle down a little bit more. Might do some more overtime tonight and try and learn a bit more... am slowly getting the warehousing code. So if anyone needs any deadbolts, passage levers or knobs or even privacy levers or knobs... let me know... I can find those :op *and I also know what the difference is between all the locks... am learning new stuff... mybrain is actually active!! WOOT!* I have a few new cuts and scraps... miraculously not from the exacto knife which is still in my back pocket as I forgot to take it out when I left work last night hehehe... yeah I sits on it regularly... no problems :) and the most weight I've carried in a box was 41.0 lbs. (we have to weigh all the boxes because they get shipped by courier) and really that's not overly heavy but because of the packaging of the stuff inside it was rather large and awkward... regularly the boxes I pack are only like 20-25 lbs... but I am still hoping to get some muscles and not be so girly hehehe :) also, seeing as I don't sit down all day, except when going to get lunch and whilst eating it... I am hoping to lose weight also... (unfortunately my lunch choices the past few days and the donuts that are in the kitchen... have made for a very hard time for my body to use up all those calories... LOL)
Anyways, am off to work for now... will continuously update this until all of you are sick of reading about my new job... :) Feel free to place bets on when I'll stab myself in the arse with my exacto knife... i have a few ideas of my own LOL

cheers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sher, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new job so far. Watch out for that nasty exacto knife in your back pocket, I'd hate for it to bite you in the butt. Of course it would be VERY silly of you to put it in your pocket OPEN. Sounds like kind of a dangerous place to work if they're handing out alcohol when people are still working...hmmmmm.

Sorry I haven't been much of a blogger lately, my life is pretty dull. Not much to ramble on about. I do enjoy reading your posts though, it's almost like you're here with me.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

I would be there with you if you would tell me WHERE YOU LIVE! and when I should visit... silly Mavis :op

6:01 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sher, almost any weekend would work for me, we don't have a lot going on other than church on Sunday. I will email you my address since I don't really want it here for all the world to read. We're about 2 1/2 hours from the border. However it might be easier to do lunch if my hubby finds a job before you come down....just a thought.

12:10 PM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

alright... I won't have a free weekend till October anyways... so perhaps around Thanksgiving (our thanksgiving that is)... :) thanks for the info... I feel loved.

7:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home