Thursday, September 01, 2005

Last day of work... first day of freedom

So let me tell you about my last day of work. Ok, so last year when Rhonda left... they were quite peeved originally at her decision to leave (but it was right for her...) but she ended up with a going away party. They weren't terribly happy when Wendy left last month but they gave her a group thing and they gave her a thing of beer and had a card and some small prezzies... so I go to leave and I get "here are your cheques" and "the key back please" yep... no cake... no prezzies... not even a card :sigh: how rude... not to mention I had done tons of overtime... had given 2.5 weeks just to help them out... and had put my butt into working for them for years... LEAH EVEN GOT MORE FOR LEAVING I'M SURE and she was only there a year and left for school... so yeah I was no impressed to say the least... but alas. I am over it now... I even got paid for the Stat holiday on Monday even though I am no longer employed there YEAH ME! Then came the last night of volleyball... and it was a lot of fun I have to say... I quite enjoyed it... :) Marty is my hero.

So today was my first day of freedom really and I spent it helping Rob and Cerra move... it was quite the task... took a really long time and a lot of effort but they have a pretty nice apartment (and a rather odd but friendly neighbor next door). Also, Rob has a LOT of heavy stuff... boys are silly. Further, I :heart: Andre... he made me laugh... and so did Jonny... they are my favs LOL... I wish I had taken lots of pics... especially of our trip around the parking lot on the back of the pickup truck... Cerra and I just trying to hold on as Rob ripped around the corners... was so fun!!!So it looks like this weekend will be rather packed. Tomorrow I'm taking my e-wifey shopping for some fun stuff :) maybe look at kitties since they can have one at their new place. Might make dinner with her if she doesn't go camping. Haven't heard from Brooke but she might spend Friday night at my place... my parents are going camping in the states apparently all weekend... Saturday is a hair appointment... am going ALL BLONDE BABY!!! :) then most likely the PNE again (went with Rob last week and that was a blast!) and Sunday we (Rob and I) are supposed to meet up with my parents in the states for shopping and brunch. Monday rob and I are hoping to go up to Whistler and wander a bit and have some Old Spaghetti Factory lunch... am excited for this weekend... FREEDOM!!! SWEET FREEDOM! I start my new job on Tuesday... I will definitely keep this updated on how that goes... that is if I make it through Tuesday without being crushed by warehouse equipment LOL or falling off the electric scooters they apparently have back there for the warehouse workers to use.
Anyways... I am exhausted... didn't sleep all that great last night and would love to go to bed now (after midnight)... am just waiting for laundry and perhaps my hair to dry... but that's not as important as the fact that my eyelids are slowly closing on themselves... OHHH sounds like the washer is done... time to transfer stuff to the dryer and hop into bed... ohhh boulders... I have laundry on the bed waiting to be folded :sigh:... ok. Wish me luck.

Cheers ya'll.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh sure you'll come down to the states to go shopping and have brunch with your parents that you see all the time but have yet made the drive down to see your long lost friend....me. I see how it is.

Sounds like you have a full weekend planned, have fun, and enjoy your few days of freedom before starting the new job. I'm sorry you didn't get a big send off at your old job, but like you said, you're over it. Maybe you didn't kiss the bosses butt enough?

Our weekend is consisting of doing the ever needed grocery shopping, getting the kids ready for school on Tuesday and visiting with some friends....oh and church too, can't forget that. I love grocery shopping, I love grocery shopping, I love grocery shopping....If I keep telling myself that maybe I'll believe it eventually.

12:54 PM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

I do love grocery shopping actually. I especially like going with Rob... and Cerra :) either or... they are both fun :)
Have spent all of today at their new apartment lounging around watching CSI! hehehe I :heart: spending time with my e-wifey and boyfriend.
I went to the states yesterday, but only to Bellis fair... and mavis I am still waiting for you to tell me when to come down... I don't even know where u live... so PFFT! :op

5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home