My first day at work
Ok... so I'm tired :o I worked 8 hours on my feet trying to learn a whole warehouse filing system that barely made sense to the person that was trying to train me. (her name is Raline and she's almost 21... was kinda weird being trained by someone younger but her and I got on quite well). Apparently the head boss is crazy and things are crazy at that place... the lady who's manager of the warehouse is on vacation but apparently she's a horrible witch and I shouldn't let her try and blame me for everything in future... not really sure how well that would go over with me anyways :o I don't like getting into trouble... especially for things I don't do... so yeah... could be an issue. But really my first day went well... my feet are kinda sore but it was overall not too shabby... definitely can keep you busy there although there were lag times a bit and I went to Wendys for lunch cuz it's literally less than a 2 minute drive up the road (I had to order for other people so I didn't want to walk... plus I only get 30 minutes). Apparently people can aggravated with you if you take breaks for coffee and stuff (you can have a coffee and u can eat the donut but don't look like ur not trying to do anything)... might be interesting to work there but it couldn't be worse... believe me... so I'll tough it out and know that its only until I get into the veterinary offices... and then that's that :) happiness... I hope. Seems like the right choice.
After work I went and helped my wifey pick up some boxes from the bus depot and then carry them through the apartment building courtyard and up a couple flights of stairs... now these boxes were nothing little or light... so was dying by the time I reached the top of the steps... the second time LOL... am relaxing whilst writing this. Rob is out at some meeting... he had some pretty sad news this morning and I felt bad about not being able to help or do anything, but I'm not sure what I could have done had I been able to do anything anyways... so it's really a mute point (moot?)
Anypickle... should get on with my life now... have updated my blog... everyone knows about my first day... and the knowledge of stupid shipping and warehousing codes I am trying to cram into my only slightly receptive brain LOL hopefully I can retain some of it... but by the end of the day I was not only pulling my own orders from the shelves but finding mistakes Raline had pulled hehehe (not that I wasn't making my own LOL)... so yeah... think I'm adapting just fine... me's a finker!! :o)
Next CSI mararthon Bekki... I expect you to join us. And tell ur mommy I says hi and I loves her and she's in my thoughts and prayers... and I'm sure my mom would say the same if she was here :o) Love you.
Cheers all.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home