Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Update to Arbitration

OMG! I didn't even realize I hadn't posted about it... so sorry. Anyways, my parents obviously won the arbitration but the judge seemed to be siding more with the landlords (even though literally they are insane)... it seems that the only reason my parents won at all was because the landlords actually broke the law (duh) but the judge seemed very sympathetic to them. They accused us of wrecking their hardwood floor which had been buried under the carpet over thirty years ago because it was so horrible back then. They ripped up the carpet and refinished the floors and are apparently going to sue us for damages for that... and to take down the storage locker we put up downstairs (with their permission although they say now they never gave it)... even though they took a million pictures of the rest of the house being "restored" but not a single picture of that (which means they didn't take it down I'm sure)... apparently they've been able to add up over $10,000 in damages although all the pictures they have taken show how clean and perfect we left the house... even though the place was kinda gross when we moved in. So needless to say... not entirely sure how that is going to go... the guy is nuts really... but if we get the same judge we're probably toast cuz she apparently seemed to side very favorably... even though judges are supposed to be impartial... my parents weren't even allowed to speak for the arbitration... couldn't collect the damages from the court costs either. Meh... what can u do? Life is unfair at times... perhaps it will go no where and it's all just talk...
As for me... I am still sick.. yeah... it's getting old now... am still on my dayquil and nyquils though... I kinda like them :)
I start school on Monday... am kinda nervous now. Have supplies already (bought them at the end of August hehe) but haven't been in school for awhile and hope my brain is still knowledge friendly LOL

Would love to start working on my Christmas cards soon and apparently am supposed to start Christmas shopping with my aunt... guess I need to find funds for that soon eh? ... should also start my halloween costume as it's quite detailed and will take some time... which will be in short supply over the next few weeks... i've looked at my calendar already.

Anyways, is getting late and I still have to have a shower (especially now that my feet are like little toesicles)... hope everyone is doing well... will hopefully have something more entertaining to write about soon.... ohh and by the way... my mom and I watched ladykillers tonight and I have not wanted to poke out my eyes with a fork more than I had tonight... think I actually slid off the couch with boredom and frustration but not far enough to turn off the DVD player LOL

cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear things didn't go as well for your parents at the arbitration as they were hoping...nasty landlords. I've always been so blessed with the ones I've had.

BTW, I went back to school when I was 29 and did just fine until I got desperately ill (and then I realized I really didn't want to be a physical therapist after all)...so I'm sure your brain will be able to pick up where it left off...just remember no supersillyness when you're in class! That only gets you in trouble.

I hope you're feeling better soon. It sucks to be sick. Love ya bunches.

10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home