Teacher's strike
So here's a quick note to let you know that although I had memorized my prefixes and suffixes quite well (thank you) and spent over an hour trying to get from work to school on time... which was a pain and kinda stressful. When I got to the school there were no cars and it was all dark inside... I met one of my classmates going back to her car and asked what was going on. Because BC is in the middle of a teacher's strike, my classes are cancelled until it's over AND NOT because my teacher is actually part of the union but because the janitors and security staff would not attend the school so hence it would not be open :sigh: all that effort. I was not pleased... especially since I am paying for school now and not getting it AND the fact that I like it. So here's the update on work. Raelene was the one who originally trained me before Debbie came back and has been informing that Debbie really doesn't like me and showed me the date book where on MANY occassions I have been written in the book as arriving late (not actually listing any times though) but never does it mention that I stayed late (didn't leave till 10 after today although I was 5 minutes early... betcha that didn't go in the book) she also seemed to think they were thinking of letting me go even though I work my butt off back there :sigh: my dad seems to think she is well intentioned but very wrong, seeing as if they had a problem they would probably mention something to him... especially since they had to go through him to decide on my hourly wage LOL whatever. Anyways... I'm not too concerned... not much I can do about it anyways... I can't wait to finally advance into a career I truly enjoy though. The lack of stress at my current place is a nice chance to the office job but still retarded in its own way but I guess most places are. Whatever. The company's owner is gone for a couple weeks to China so I doubt anyone else would fire me, although they have hired his neice to start in the back although we really aren't busy... so maybe they'll move me to the office or possibly lay me off... kinda hoping for the latter if at all because I can go on EI then and get a vacation out of this year bahahah sad I know... but better than being fired. Who knows.... anyways... that's my update... wish me luck on going back to school... apparently the strike might last quite awhile... sux.


4 Comments:
Wow Sher, sorry to hear about your schooling getting held up, it hardly seems fair considering it's not your teachers that are on strike! Just keep those prefixes and suffixes in your brain, you're gonna need them eventually.
Keep me posted on what's happening with your job, although a short vacation might be nice, then you have the challenge of finding a new job...hopefully it's all just a rumor and your job is safe. But what's up with being late to work? Most employers don't look favorably upon such things, and staying late really doesn't make up for it. But I understand what you mean. I had a job once where they focused on all the negative things I did and never commended me for all the good, which in my opinion far outweighed the negative...but who am I? Just a lowly employee.
I go under the knife on Tuesday, so I probably won't be posting for a few days. But you'll hear from me soon.
11:08 AM
hehehe... well Mavis, am hoping all goes well for u. Have begun my christmas shopping and have never felt more broke :-o its really sad... I'm going to have to hermit myself a lot in the next little while... save money on gas and such :sigh: I guess the strike will help with that as its still going and until its over I don't have any classes... and apparently it might go on awhile as the unions are all backing the teachers union... the whole province is being turned upside down :(
The cake sounds delicious and I am finding it hard for myself to stay on a diet or even remember to take my diet pills :sigh: everything is so difficult LOL...
Hope to hear good things from you soon Mavis and give Nath a slobbery kiss from me Bex.
cheers
5:45 PM
Geez... pressure much Bex? and I don't just mean the bladder pressure... which currently I am also experiencing... dunno why I go straight to the computer when I come in the door from work... should go right to the bathroom first. TMI... I know :p
5:34 PM
You totally made me giggle!!! Brock came today... I should blog about it. I think I will.
9:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home