Monday, October 03, 2005

A week later

ok, so in the past week of school I've managed to retain information not only on roundworms (quite fascinating really) but also tape worms, which are host specific (meaning they don't transfer to humans unless it's an accidental host... boring to u perhaps... very interesting to me)... I've also memorized a number of prefixes and have been given a new set of sheets for both prefixes and suffixes to memorize... as much as this sounds like work I've never enjoyed three hours of class as much as I do right now... it totally makes me feel like I made the right choice in taking this class. I have my first quiz today on the prefixes I had and I got 100% (but there really weren't that many)... I think the suffixes will be harder... although ectomy will be easy hehe it means the cutting out of... hence hysterectomy although in animals its called an ovariohysterectomy cuz they take out both the ovaries and the uterus (hyster)... theres some knowledge for ya! I really love my class so far... there are only 8 of us (one with a very lovely long mullet) and all different ages... completely different. Work is going ok... the days seem to differ between going pretty quickly and dragging on FOREVER! and I never seem to be home any more to get things done and I'm pretty tired a lot but I'm coping rather well. Have been on a diet for a bit and have lost over 10 pounds now... I'm totally psyched. This weekend is Rob's friends wedding and I finally managed to find and buy a gorgeous dress that I totally love but would also be improved on by another 10 pounds disappearing haha :) I haven't too much else to say, my life has been pretty hectic lately with school and homework (yep already had an assignment due and done thank u!) and I quite like it... although a little relaxing time would be super as well but we can't have everything in life LOL... hope all are well!

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sher, I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying school, it'd be a total bummer if you hated it. Better you than me my friend, I don't like blood and guts of any type, and I hate to see animals that are hurting...believe me, every time I go to the animal shelter I want to bring all the poor animals home with me...once they are all well of course.

8:38 PM

 
Blogger SherBear said...

yeah the whole animals in pain will be my downfall, I don't like that either, but I should be fine as long as I tell myself I'm there to help and they need me to be there and be strong... I'm still a sucker for a puppy dog look though so I'll be the evil hospital assistant who sneaks them goodies through the cages but shhhh don't tell any future employers that LOL.... and it's 10 pounds Bek... and I don't know where they went and I don't care as long as they keep going hehe although after tonights dinner I doubt that tomorrow the scales will look so good for me haha Rob and I went to a restaurant we hadn't been to in ages, actually we went on an actual date... dinner and a movie... was great! :) Very impressed really hehe and 40 Year Old Virgin was actually quite comical although it had too much swearing for me to recommend it to most... LOL will let u know how much the fries cost me tomorrow :p

10:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home